- Lettuce – Can be grown in cooler fall type weather. The Jericho variety can tolerate poor soil and hot weather.
- Onions – Put seeds about 4-5 inches into the ground. Be sure the last frost has passed.
- Broccoli – Will continue to produce even after the first head has been harvested.
- Cucumbers – Just let them grow on the ground…kind of like pumpkins.
- Basil – Does not like cooler temperatures. Excellent herb plant that grows until the first frost
- Beets – Baby beets are the best to plant. Sow about 1-2 inches apart and then thin out as time goes on.
Paul Guzman - Color Your World Nursery Las Cruces, NM.
More easy to grow vegetables information here.