Thursday, April 09, 2009

How to get rid of Grub Worms


Man I hate grub worms! For one thing they are very grusome, ugly, looking worms. Take a look at the photo on the left. Aren't they ugly? Early spring is when these creatures start to do their damage. They eat the root system of trees, shrubs, plants and mainly lawns.

The grubs that you see in your lawn are the larvae of Japanese beetles, June beetles, and chafers. These grubs are usually shaped like the letter C. The have a white color and a dark brown head. They are about the size of a large human thumb.

It is interesting to note that well maintained and heavily watered lawns will attract Japanese beetles.

They can also do alot of damage during the fall season but spring is the best time to eliminate them. Here are the signs of grub damage.

Yellow round spots on your lawn.
Trees and shrubs looking like they need water.
Unusual amount of birds feeding on your lawn.
Skunks and Racoons digging around your lawn.

One product that I use myself is Bayer Advanced Season Long Grub Control it will kill grubs all season long and it also promotes Vigorous Root Growth. IT comes in an easy-to-use granules container. Color Your World Nurseries will usually carry this product in stock. Or Click on the link below to purchase online.

Bayer Season Long Grub Control - 12 lb. #700710S

5 comments:

  1. Thanks. Now tell me will Bayer work with houseplants. I found them in my palm tree pot and this pot hasn't been outside. I think I might have brought them home from Home Depot when I bought the plant. The man here is of no help, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherryl yes Bayer advanced grub control will work...However it is not recommended for houseplants. There is an ingredient is this product that will release into the air. This could be harmful to you or anyone else living in your home.

    There is a product that can be used indoors ask for them at your local nursery. Make sure it is usuable for indoors.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. i had four large palms in my spanish garden and they have all died i could hear something inside making a noise as if it was eating the inside of the root would this be the palm grub

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:20 AM

    I have been looking to buy grub worms for the past four years.Every body hates them and I want them for fishing buessiness.No one seems to know where to buy them.I will pay top dollar for anyone who would sell them to me. Bob

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:31 PM

    When is the best time to put this down in Las Cruces?

    I bought two bags today from your store, hoping to reep rewards come june when the bugs typically take over. Don't want to apply to early?

    ReplyDelete